A series of on-screen activities to help younger
children find out about minibeasts - small invertebrates.
An on-screen program aimed at Y3 children that enables
them to work alone or in groups. Some pupils will benefit
from adult support. The programme contains nine sections:
- What is a minibeast? - characteristics of the best
- Did you know? - interesting facts.
- What they eat.
- Where to find them - find five habitats where minibeasts
- Group the minbeasts - put the minibeasts in the
correct flower pot.
- Match them up - a matching pairs card game.
- Colour in a mini-beast - design your own butterfly.
- Sounds that they make.
- Test what you've learnt.
Everything is on screen. You need Flash 4 Plugin to
load the programme, but if you don't have it installed
it can be downloaded from the button. It's easy. To
access sounds that they make you need speakers and,
There are some weblinks included in the resource for
pupils to find extra information from the Internet.
These are not essential to the resource, but you must
be connected to the Internet to view these pages.
Please note that this resource is currently unavailable
on-line. However, the resource is available on the ASE/Science
Year Primary CD ROM. Please contact ASE Booksales on
01707 283001 to obtain a copy.